Forward-Looking Tax Planning
At Opsahl Dawson, we are committed to being more than your accountant and tax advisor.
As part of our new Tax Forward program, we are demonstrating that commitment by taking a forward-looking approach to help you make a proactive financial plan. We’ll work closely with your investment advisor, attorney, and other trusted professionals to make sure you are receiving clear and consistent guidance.
Based on your life goals and financial needs, we can identify one or more areas to serve you while also implementing comprehensive tax planning.
Some questions you might have that we’ll address together…
- Which accounts should I draw from for my retirement distribution need?
- When should I start receiving Social Security?
- Should I be converting my traditional IRA to a Roth IRA?
- I have employer stock in my 401k. Should I consider the NUA strategy
ESTATE, GIFT, & WEALTH TRANSFER PLANNING
- How do I best transfer my assets to the next generation and minimize my overall tax liability?
- Do I need to make any changes to my beneficiary designations?
- Do I need to be concerned about estate taxes? How do I minimize this tax?
- How do I best provide for my family members with special needs?
- How does my income impact my Medicare premiums?
- How do I best plan for long-term care needs?
- What is the tax impact of the variety of care options available?
- How much should I donate each year? And which assets are best to donate?
- What are the benefits of donor advised funds?
- Do I need to set up a charitable trust?
- What is the most tax-efficient way for me to save for college?
- How can I still take advantage of available financial aid?
EMPLOYEE AND BUSINESS-OWNER PLANNING
- When should I exercise my RSUs, ISOs, or other deferred compensation?
- What is the best retirement plan for my business and employees?
- How can I ensure I’m minimizing my overall tax liability over multiple years?
- When is the best time to sell my property?
- What is the tax impact of me investing in real estate vs. traditional stock?
Preparing for Your Future
The best financial and tax plan isn’t just focused on today’s cash flow — it’s about setting you up for success in the future. At Opsahl Dawson, we specialize in developing plans and strategies focused on helping you build wealth. Working closely together, we’ll create a strategy that’s uniquely tailored to you and your financial goals.
- Trusted Since 1979
- Award-Winning Team
- Cutting-Edge Technology
- Focused On Success
“We have completely reinvented the accounting profession. We put the latest technology and streamlined processes to work for you.”
– Aaron Dawson, President
Meet the Team
Aaron Dawson, CPA
Director of Tax
Sheri Karpa, EA, RICP
Jennifer Gnam, CPA
Diane Darling, CPA
Frank Dituri, CPA
Mary Philipps, CPA, PFS
James Ezell, CPA
Megan Hays, CPA, RICP
Tommy Moore, CPA
Bobby Schroeder, CPA
“Managing my business while raising a family can be stressful enough. Then there is tax season! Opsahl Dawson erases that stress with a streamlined process embodied by a particular attention to detail. Yet, it is trust and friendship gained that will lead us back to their office for years to come.”
Dominik Staros – Owner, Image Web Consulting